- Smile Gallery
- Dental Implants
- Dental OPG
- Laser Dentistry
- International Patients
- About us
- Tour to Clinic
- Contact us
• A smile can brighten your face like no other accessory.
• We at DENTAL LIFELINE the best dental clinic in Chandigarh offer you clear aligners.Traditionally, orthodontists and dentists used train-track braces to correct misaligned teeth. The procedure involved the use of metal brackets connected by wires.
– True to their name clear aligners are practically invisible. You can have them on, and not be awkward about it, because no one will notice them. Moreover, clear aligners are not one size fit all – they are customised to suit individuals.
– Clear aligners are a snug fit; they slip over teeth, are transparent and go unnoticed. They are the best way to straighten teeth and do so gently, over a period of time.
– An important point to note here is that aligners are best suited for all ages albeit teens or adults. That is because they are custom-built to fit snuggly.
– A young child will not benefit from this procedure of straightening teeth, as their mouth and jawline are not fully developed.
– It is best to allow the ortho specialist to decide whether aligners are suited for you or not.
– It is also in your interest to go to an experienced professional, We at DENTAL LIFELINE offer excellent service and utmost patient care.
– After doing the initial assessment of the teeth, the Orthodontist will first take extremely accurate digital impressions of your teeth and jaw using the most recent 3D intraoral scanner technology.
– Alginate or PVS impressions, which are frequently less precise and more unpleasant than digital impressions, are not necessary when you undergo 3D scanning.
– Through a compact, portable, radiation-free device, the 3D scanner digitally records the structure of your teeth and gums.
– We can build a model of your teeth from the digital impressions the 3D scanner collects to outline your whole treatment strategy.
– The 3D scanner generates results digitally, so they are immediate.
– Clear aligners are then made as per the treatment aim. The set of clear aligners will exert pressure on the teeth to move them in a specific direction until it reaches the desired position.
– The person has to visit the Orthodontist to change the aligners set as per the appointment given. Generally, the next appointment is given after an interval of around 5 to 7 weeks.
– Clear aligners can treat different problems like crooked teeth, overbite, underbite, the gap between teeth, and any such teeth misalignment problem.
– Clear aligners can give better teeth alignment that can improve the smile nicely.
• Radiation Free
• Accurate dental models
• Quicker treatment method
3D INTRAORAL SCANNER TECHNOLOGY
To learn more about the aligner systems we use at DENTAL LIFELINE or to find out how aligners can help you get a more beautiful smile, book an appointment online today.
Laser teeth whitening is a technique for brightening an individual’s teeth. It differs from other teeth whitening techniques and it uses a bleaching gel and a laser which is a high-intensity light beam.
A tooth whitening gel is applied to an individual’s teeth during the procedure. The bleaching gel is then heated by a laser that is directed at the teeth. This activates the whitening properties of the paste and changes the stain particles on the teeth.
• Tooth discolouration can be caused by a variety of reasons, including:
• Consuming certain foods and beverages, such as coffee and tea
• Using tobacco
• Mouth injury
• Certain medications, such as antihistamines and chemotherapy Laser teeth whitening is intended to diminish discolouration and make one’s teeth appear whiter. This laser process of whitening your teeth is considered the most popular cosmetic dentistry procedure done by the best dentist in Bangalore.
The teeth whitening procedure primarily takes 30 minutes to 60 minutes. The exact steps will vary depending on the requirements of an individual. A typical treatment entails the following:
• To help keep one’s mouth open, the dentist will insert a rubber or plastic prop.
• They will then make the individual wear safety eyewear to safeguard their eyes.
• They will also apply a gum barrier to maintain the patient’s gums healthy. The barrier could be made of a light-cured composite resin.
• The front teeth are bleached by the dentist.
• After a few moments, the dentist will point a laser at the teeth.
• This laser activates the whitening properties of the bleaching gel by heating it.
• The gum barrier will be removed and the decolourization gel will be rinsed out by the dentist.
The teeth become sensitive than usual for almost 24 hours after the laser teeth whitening procedure.
• Laser cosmetic dentistry is a quick procedure. An individual can see outcomes within a few hours of the appointment.
• Laser teeth whitening is highly accurate. If only a few teeth require whitening, an individual’s dentist will be able to concentrate solely on those teeth. It is completely painless.
• Laser teeth whitening can remove stains that other methods cannot.
• The whiter teeth can stay whiter for up to two years after laser whitening if anyone adheres closely to good daily dental hygiene habits.
This procedure typically utilises more potent chemicals than those found in at- home bleaching treatments. As a consequence, laser teeth whitening is more efficient and produces quick performance than home treatments such as whitening strips or toothpaste.
The whitening effects are only temporary and can last anywhere from a few months to three years. This is significantly longer than the majority of other treatments, including whitening strips and toothpaste.
The results and how long laser teeth whitening last will be determined by several factors, which include:
• The original colour of the teeth
• The frequency with which one receives treatments
• Lifestyle choices
• The decolourization gel and lasers used An individual probably needs three to four sessions in total to get the best results for laser teeth whitening.
Dentures and crowns are not suitable for laser teeth whitening. If you have either of these devices in your front teeth, the process may not be suitable for you.
To know more, it is important to consult with the dentists at the best dental clinic in Chandigarh, DENTAL LIFELINE to get the finest treatment for teeth whitening procedures.
The most frequently asked question by most of the parents to a dentist is, “What is the importance of baby teeth?” and, “Why to save or take care of milk teeth when ultimately, they are going to fall and get replaced by permanent teeth?”
– The answer to this is, baby teeth are just as important as the permanent teeth and require proper oral care.
– Negligence towards the care of baby teeth can lead to serious problems affecting not only their dental health but also general health.
– Baby teeth or as dentist call them, “deciduous” or “primary” teeth, are actually present in the jaws when they are born, though they don’t usually appear until the baby is between 5 and 12 months old.
– Over the next three year, a full set of 20 primary teeth come, helping your child chew, supporting speech development, and giving them their cute smile.
Children need their teeth to chew food. So, if their teeth are permitted to decay, the child will not only suffer from discomfort, pain, and abscessed (pus formation) tooth, but also be unable to eat. This, in turn, could lead to malnourishment, ultimately affecting their growth.
Children need their teeth to smile. The stigma of blackened teeth and bad breath can lead to serious teasing at school and at play, which could affect the child’s psychosocial development.
3. Facial Development
Milk teeth are needed a for normal growth of the jaw bone and give an appropriate shape to the face. Primary teeth control the development of the jaw muscles and the jaw bones so that they are properly developed and can provide suitable space for the permanent set of teeth. Milk teeth give the face its shape and form.
4. Prevention of Abnormal Growth
Space saver milk teeth are essential to hold the spaces open so that the permanent teeth can come into the correct position when they are finally developed enough to erupt (erupt-to come through the gums). mispositioning of teeth can lead to crooked teeth, chewing difficulties, facial asymmetries, TMJ problems, and last but most important, decaying of teeth.
Milk teeth help in the development of speech. The tongue produces certain sounds with the presence of (primary) teeth. Children have difficulty in learning to pronounce the sounds like “th” and “f” in the absence of their front teeth.
6. Psychosocial Well-being
Milk teeth are important to maintain child’s psychosocial well-being as well. Healthy baby teeth are a tremendous boost to a child’s self-confidence and self-esteem.
– A child’s baby teeth typically begin to loosen and fall out to make room for permanent teeth at about age 6.
– However, sometimes this can be delayed by as much as a year.
– The first baby teeth to fall out are typically the two bottom front teeth and the two top front teeth.
It’s important to start practicing good oral hygiene as soon as your child’s first baby tooth erupts. For example;
• Remind your child to brush his or teeth at least twice a day. Supervise and offer assistance as needed.
• Help your child clean between his or her teeth daily.
• Eat a healthy diet and limit sugary food and beverages.
• Schedule regular dental visits for your child. Regular brushing at home is important, but it is not enough to keep teeth and gums healthy.
Removal of wisdom teeth is a typical dental procedure. Wisdom teeth are the third molars located in the back of the mouth where it can be difficult to clean. In some cases, the wisdom teeth can crowd and then impact teeth nearby. That’s why many opt to remove them with the help from their dentist.
A wisdom tooth may get stuck or develop at an angle if there is not enough space to come through usually, we call this an impacted wisdom tooth.
If left untreated, this can affect your overall oral health.
If a wisdom tooth doesn’t come in properly or there isn’t enough room in your mouth, it can cause complications.
Impacted wisdom teeth can cause infection, pain, inflammation and other issues.
Dentists may recommend the removal of wisdom teeth as a precaution because they can cause long-term problems, like:
For many, their wisdom teeth grow normally and they won’t cause any problems. So some people choose to keep their wisdom teeth.
For others, it’s worth considering wisdom tooth extractions as their development can eventually lead to serious dental problems depending on your dental history. Most people have their wisdom teeth removed because they are crowding or damaging other teeth in the mouth. Impacted wisdom teeth may also cause pain, gum disease, and infection.
Recovery time can vary patient to patient, with most people recovering from wisdom tooth extraction within a few days to a few weeks. However, some people may experience more discomfort or take longer in their healing process after more difficult extractions. Recovery time can also vary depending on how many teeth and the type of extraction (simple or surgical). Always follow your dentists advice for aftercare, however listed below are things to promote healing after surgery.
Excessive bleeding may occur the first day after the removal. Try to refrain from excessive spitting so that you don’t dislodge the blood clots.
A prescription from your oral surgeon or dentist. Holding a cold pack to the area may relieve pain and jaw stiffness.
Swelling and bruising Typically improves within two or three days. Your dentist or surgeon may instruct the use of an ice pack.
Rest on the surgery day and resume normal activities the next day. Avoid complex activities
Dentists or oral surgeons suggest drinking a lot of water after the surgery and not with a straw because sucking may dislodge the blood clot. Don’t drink caffeinated, alcoholic, carbonated or hot beverages in the following 24 hours after surgery.
Consume only soft foods in the 24 hours after surgery. Please refrain from eating chewy, hard, hot or spicy foods as they delay healing
Typically, dentists will tell you to brush your teeth only after 24 hours from surgery. Don’t spit, brush your teeth, or rinse your mouth before. Use warm salt water every two hours for rinsing and after meals for a week.
You may have stitches that dissolve within a few weeks or no stitches at all. Schedule an appointment to have them taken out if you have one.
Are medical devices surgically implanted into the jaw to restore a person’s ability to chew or their appearance. They provide support for artificial (fake) teeth, such as crowns, bridges, or dentures.
When a tooth is lost due to injury or disease, a person can experience complications such as rapid bone loss, defective speech, or changes to chewing patterns that result in discomfort.
Replacing a lost tooth with a dental implant can significantly improve the patient’s quality of life and health.
The dental implant body is surgically inserted in the jawbone in place of the tooth’s.
Before choosing dental implants, talk to your dental provider about the potential benefits and risks, and whether you are a candidate for the procedure.
After the dental implant procedure:
If your implant feels loose or painful, tell your dental provider right away.
According to the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, around 3 million people in the United States have dental implants, and this number increases by about 500,000 every year. Dental implant surgery is safe when a qualified and experienced surgeon or dentist performs it. It is also the only dental restoration option that maintains the health of the person’s jawbone and stimulates its growth.
An implant-supported denture is an oral appliance that replaces several teeth at once.
It’s similar to a traditional denture. But instead of resting on top of your gums, an implant-supported denture attaches directly to your jawbone using dental implants.
This type of denture “snaps on” to dental implants in your jawbone. It stays securely in place until you’re ready to remove it. With this option, you can take your dentures out every day for easy cleaning.
A fixed denture — sometimes called a hybrid denture — attaches permanently to dental implants in your jawbone. You can’t remove it at home, but your dentist can remove it for maintenance when necessary.
Dental sealants are thin, protective coatings that shield the chewing surfaces of your back teeth from harmful, cavity-causing bacteria.
Dentists place sealants to protect your teeth from disease-causing bacteria. Your back teeth have deep grooves that help you grind up food when you chew. Food and bacteria can become trapped in these grooves, leading to tooth decay (cavities) over time. Sealants coat these areas so bacteria can’t reach them.
If a patient has a higher cavity risk in childhood and his adolescence teeth. Should we wait for the caries to develop in pits and then fill them?
The answer is No.
In such cases preventive measure in form of sealants is greatly required. Studies have shown that 80% caries reduction after 1 year after a single application of sealant.
While diligent oral hygiene removes plaque, food and debris from your teeth’s smooth surfaces, brushing and flossing can’t always get into all the nooks and crannies. Sealants shield these vulnerable areas from cavities by “sealing out” bacteria, plaque and food particles.
Children and teenagers are popular candidates for dental sealants. But adults without decay or dental fillings in their molars can also benefit from this treatment. In general, anyone who’s prone to tooth decay on their back teeth should consider sealants.
There’s no downtime after dental sealant placement. You should be able to go back to work or school immediately.
Sealants last up to five years. For best results, you’ll need to have your sealants replaced on a regular basis.
You can resume normal eating and drinking right after your appointment. However, it’s important to know that extremely hard, sticky or chewy foods can chip or erode your new sealants. It’s best to consume these foods in moderation.
You’re never too old for orthodontics. That said, the best time for braces is generally between the ages of 9 and 14. At this point, your jaws and facial bones are more malleable (flexible) because they’re still developing. Adult braces are just as effective, but it might take a little longer to achieve the desired results
The answer to this question is different for everyone. On average, braces treatment takes about two years to complete. But it depends on the severity of misalignment. Some people finish treatment in under 12 months. Others may need as long as three years.
The most obvious advantage of braces is a straighter, more beautiful smile. But braces can also:
In short, braces can improve the health, function and appearance of your smile
There are some mild, expected side effects of braces, including:
You can manage most of these side effects with over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers. You can also purchase dental wax for braces at your local pharmacy to help with irritation inside your mouth. Simply place some wax over any rough- feeling brackets or wire.
The main method of prevention of various oral diseases like dental caries, gingivitis and periodontitis is by effective plaque removal. Self oral hygiene maintenance is mainly by tooth brushing, mouth-rinses and flossing.
It is important that an individual is aware of the proper brushing technique that he or she has to follow in order to maintain oral hygiene. Toothbrush design, brushing duration, parental involvement, and the brushing method, manipulative skill, and manual dexterity of the child are the most cited determinants of the effectiveness of toothbrushing.
Step 1: Start with the outer surfaces of your teeth. Take your time! Gently brush upper and then lower teeth.
Step 2: Tilt your brush at a 45° angle. Brush against the gum line to get rid of any trapped plaque or food debris. Gently move the brush back and forth using short strokes.
Step 3: Brush the inner surface of your teeth. Because the insides of your teeth are not as visible. Use a 45° angle to brush back and forth to clean the inside surfaces of the teeth.
Step 4: Clean the chewing surfaces of your teeth.
Step 5: Brush your tongue for fresher breath.
Begin implementing preventative oral care with the proper brushing technique to keep your smile fresh , healthy and happy.
Achieving profound anaesthesia during root canal treatment is a corner stone in endodontic practice and dentistry. Profound anaesthesia during RCT benefits not only the patient, for obvious reasons, but also the dentist who will be less stressed and worrying about patient reactions and sudden movements during the treatment.
But these are cases where the nerves are chronically inflamed and patient has moderate to severe pain. In such cases giving supplemental injections in addition to the other local anaesthetic techniques is beneficial. Being able to fall back on both sets of techniques provides the dentist the confidence to provide pain free treatment for the patient.
Dr Suruchi Chaudhary
MDS, Endodontist and Cosmetic Dentist
As we age, our teeth naturally lose some of their whiteness due to stains that accumulate from foods and drinks we enjoy, like curries, coffee, red wine, soda, and tea. A lot of these day-to-day stains can be polished away with daily brushing and ﬂossing, along with routine dental cleanings.
Over the years, our teeth can lose their natural white sheen from common everyday culprits like sodas, coffee, teas, and red wine. Most times, these stains are easily removed with regular brushing or during your regular dental cleanings. While teeth often build up stains from food debris and particles, the most frequent reason for yellow teeth lies just beneath the surface.
Underneath our enamel is a layer called dentin, which is naturally yellow. As your enamel thins out due to the acids in our food and drink, natural aging, and wear and tear, our teeth start appearing more yellow. Genetics is a significant factor in the yellowness of the dentin layer, and the thickness of your enamel.
All our DENTAL LIFELINE patients have different natural tooth shades, almost no one has pure white teeth. Our genetics, lifestyle, and choice in foods and drinks all tend to discolor our teeth over time. While we can work towards minimizing these factors, you will need professional intervention to truly whiten your smile.
Any dental procedure is an investment in your oral health and attractiveness of your smile. If you’ve had your teeth whitened, there are things you can do to extend the lifespan of your procedure:
• Stay away from foods that can discolor your teeth, like turmeric, curries, soy sauce, and vinegar. If these ingredients are in your meal, we recommend eating a piece of cheese before your meal to help coat your teeth and protect them.
• Avoid drinks that can stain your teeth, such as teas, red wine, and coffee; anything acidic can cause staining.
• Rinse your mouth with water after meals.
If your smile could use a little boost, we can help! Give a call today to schedule your teeth whitening procedure. We use one of the top whitening systems in the world- with 98% success rate.