Laser teeth whitening is a technique for brightening an individual’s teeth. It differs from other teeth whitening techniques and it uses a bleaching gel and a laser which is a high-intensity light beam.
A tooth whitening gel is applied to an individual’s teeth during the procedure. The bleaching gel is then heated by a laser that is directed at the teeth. This activates the whitening properties of the paste and changes the stain particles on the teeth.
Causes of tooth discolouration
• Tooth discolouration can be caused by a variety of reasons, including:
• Consuming certain foods and beverages, such as coffee and tea
• Using tobacco
• Mouth injury
• Certain medications, such as antihistamines and chemotherapy Laser teeth whitening is intended to diminish discolouration and make one’s teeth appear whiter. This laser process of whitening your teeth is considered the most popular cosmetic dentistry procedure done by the best dentist in Bangalore.
How does laser teeth whitening work?
The teeth whitening procedure primarily takes 30 minutes to 60 minutes. The exact steps will vary depending on the requirements of an individual. A typical treatment entails the following:
• To help keep one’s mouth open, the dentist will insert a rubber or plastic prop.
• They will then make the individual wear safety eyewear to safeguard their eyes.
• They will also apply a gum barrier to maintain the patient’s gums healthy. The barrier could be made of a light-cured composite resin.
• The front teeth are bleached by the dentist.
• After a few moments, the dentist will point a laser at the teeth.
• This laser activates the whitening properties of the bleaching gel by heating it.
• The gum barrier will be removed and the decolourization gel will be rinsed out by the dentist.
The teeth become sensitive than usual for almost 24 hours after the laser teeth whitening procedure.
Advantages of laser teeth whitening
• Laser cosmetic dentistry is a quick procedure. An individual can see outcomes within a few hours of the appointment.
• Laser teeth whitening is highly accurate. If only a few teeth require whitening, an individual’s dentist will be able to concentrate solely on those teeth. It is completely painless.
• Laser teeth whitening can remove stains that other methods cannot.
• The whiter teeth can stay whiter for up to two years after laser whitening if anyone adheres closely to good daily dental hygiene habits.
This procedure typically utilises more potent chemicals than those found in at- home bleaching treatments. As a consequence, laser teeth whitening is more efficient and produces quick performance than home treatments such as whitening strips or toothpaste.
The whitening effects are only temporary and can last anywhere from a few months to three years. This is significantly longer than the majority of other treatments, including whitening strips and toothpaste.
Results after laser teeth whitening
The results and how long laser teeth whitening last will be determined by several factors, which include:
• The original colour of the teeth
• The frequency with which one receives treatments
• Lifestyle choices
• The decolourization gel and lasers used An individual probably needs three to four sessions in total to get the best results for laser teeth whitening.
Dentures and crowns are not suitable for laser teeth whitening. If you have either of these devices in your front teeth, the process may not be suitable for you.
To know more, it is important to consult with the dentists at the best dental clinic in Chandigarh, DENTAL LIFELINE to get the finest treatment for teeth whitening procedures.