Winter brings chilly weather, cozy blankets, and hot cocoa. However, it can also bring tooth sensitivity and pain for some people.
Cold weather and dental sensitivity may be related, and it can be a frustrating and uncomfortable experience.
What causes tooth sensitivity in cold weather?
– Do you experience sensitivity when you expose your teeth to cold air or cold water, your tooth enamel and gums can contract.
– We might not be aware but existing wearing away of enamel can make these situation aggravated.
– Underlying causes of thinning tooth enamel which can result in cold weather tooth sensitivity, include:
- Teeth grinding or clenching
- Tooth decay or cavities
- Gum disease
- Worn fillings
- Worn dental care
How to treat tooth sensitivity in cold weather?
– If you already have tooth sensitivity in cold weather, there are several treatments you can try:
- GET DENTAL TREATMENT: If your tooth sensitivity is caused by tooth decay, gum disease, or other dental problems, your dentist may recommend treatment such as fillings, root canals, or gum surgery to get to the root of the problem.
- CONSIDER A NIGHTGUARD: If you grind your teeth at night, it can help, protect your teeth from sensitivity.
- LASER ASSISTED DESENTIZATION: It is an efficient tool for the immediate treatment of tooth hypersensitivity.
- USE A DESENSITIZING TOOTHPASTE: This type of toothpaste contains desensitizing agents that can help reduce sensitivity and pain by strengthening enamel.
How to prevent tooth sensitivity in cold weather?
– The first line of defense when it comes to tooth sensitivity is prevention.
– Fortunately, there are several ways to prevent tooth sensitivity in cold weather:
- PRACTICE GOOD DENTAL HYGIENE
- VISIT YOUR DENTIST REGULARLY
- USE DESENSITIZING TOOTHPASTE
- AVOID ACIDIC FOODS AND DRINKS
- DON’T IGNORE TOOTH PAIN
We can examine your teeth and gums, diagnose the underlying cause of
your sensitivity,and recommend the appropriate treatment.
If you are experiencing significant pain or sensitivity,
contact us for an appointment right away.